
If you’ve got the poison I’ve got the remedy
Or so I’ve hear someone say
And if the poison is my negativity
Then your refreshing ideas
Might just be the remedy
You come with your warrior tales
Your ideals of a knight
I’m standing by the reason
And my notions of what’s real
Which you keep on defying
Of which I won’t let go
Maybe there’s a lot you could teach me
But am I willing to learn?
I’m not blind and I can see
You’re not ordinary
And I’m tired of all that’s so common
So usual that it’s dreadful
A novelty, so refreshing that it scares me
Though I won’t run
I’m on a search for discovery
I believe that you keep some innocence
That’ll betray you one day
Innocence that makes you believe
What makes you so trusting
Without reasons to do so?
Have you considered that what comes from me
Is nothing more than deceit and lies
Illusions of a spoiled mind?
That I, as everyone,
Might just be the poisoned apple
That’ll destroy your hopes and contaminate your being?
Why do you trust?
Why do you believe?
How do you feel?
What’s the secret that makes you so complex
And, yet, seemingly so pure?
Tell me more tales of wars
Scenes from your knight’s world
For they make me feel like once before
When I dreamt of days of chivalry
As a runaway princess
Yes, we’re not so different
1 comment:
A knight... What a lovely image! And how honored must this lad feel.
This doubts of yours... You're just too logical. Being logical is great, to avoid deceit and such; but sometimes you have to feel what is happening to you, not think about it. I believe there is something you can learn from this bloke. Just open your heart ;)
Anyway, the text is just amazing. Be proud, sweety =)
Post a Comment