please say that we don't grow up so fast that our legs become too short for the steps we want to take. I'm looking for some kind of confirmation to the fact that life would be much easier if that growing up thing would have ceased in the moment when I saw that I would never again grow taller than my height.
But the concept of growing up is as wide as the path ahead of me is long and I'm tired by nature and would rather sit here and contemplate on concepts than take that next step. It all is so unsure and unknown when I look ahead. The road is uncertain and foggy when you don't want to sacrifice the ideal of staying forever young.
Tell me I don't have an expiration date, that there is no due time for me to carry on.
Assure me that the only obligation I have is getting up every day to go to classes in which I will misuse all my knowledge and waste all my intellect in pursuit of a better future.
Say that I have you forever,
to tell me what's right from wrong in your unawareness, so youthful as mine with the virtue of not being at a crossroads where the only path you can't follow is the one that already took you there.
Just say we will stay the same, here, in the present that won't give in to a future or be a past... Here, forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment