“E, todavia como é difícil explicar-me! Há no homem o dom perverso da banalização. Estamos condenados a pensar com palavras, a sentir com palavras, se queremos pelo menos que os outros sintam connosco. Mas as palavras são pedras. As palavras são pedras e o que nelas vive é o espírito que por elas passa” ― Vergílio Ferreira, Aparição
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
It won't be soon before long
There's this void
This empty space that's never really empty
That I try to fill up with little things
Ordinary thoughts
To erase the memory of you
That space is yours
Now and then
Always yet again
Ever since it was created
Ever present
No matter how hard I may try
To make it all go away
It is based on sheer illusion
On the hopes for the next time
On the moments of the last
On the words left unsaid
On the times I said too much
On the tears you haven't seen
On the thoughts you could never read
And on the certainty of its impossibility
The months go by
I've been standing by
Unknowingly waiting
It won't be soon before long
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment