Have you ever taken a minute to notice all that surrounds us? All the lights, all the sounds, all the little details that compose what revolves around us? All the people? All the leaves filling up the tree branches, all the clouds with silver linings in the sky, rivers reflecting the all the colors of the rainbow, a fish swimming upstream…..
I feel the raindrops falling on my face and suddenly I realize I’m part of something that’s bigger, much bigger than myself. It might be because a glimpse of all the happiness I could feel has struck me suddenly in a way I never thought it could. And all of a sudden I feel like living.
I mean, truly living, not what I’m used to do everyday. I’m determined to notice all the colors a sky can turn into, all the emotions your face can express, all the meanings of the tears running down my face, see what love is all about, love myself and all I see.
I wish I’d seen it all before, I wish had gone up that mountain and tried to touch the clouds, I wish I’d ran through that unknown path down the hill and fallen into that pit just to know how that felt like. Getting hurt would have only made me stronger.
I wish I’d sung all the songs that were in my heart, to you and to all that didn’t want to hear me. I wish I’d danced in the rain and felt like I was free but I wasn’t free enough to let myself do that.
I wish I’d gone away when things were getting too dark, when fear clouded my mind. I wish I’d found you at the end of the road telling me where to go next and that you’d gone with me so I wouldn’t have to walk alone anymore.
I wish I would have dreamt all the wonderful things I was missing so that I would wake up to see them come true.
The truth is, I’m still dreaming.
1 comment:
we all have wishes that we regret not having fulfilled. we all want some things we could never had, whether because we did not try strong enough or because it just was not meant to be...
for what i´ve seen since i know you, you are definitly not dreaming. you are very awake, and that´s probably why you are so mean, at times :p
kiss
Post a Comment